Thursday, January 5, 2017

Sometimes when I find myself being swallowed up by a difficult text I often stop to wonder if I really want to go there. I'm sure that the space I will enter will be complex and terrifying and I will get to learn all these new things but I keep worrying if I will be able come up to breathe and find my way to the shore. By shore I mean the real world where we carry out our everyday thing; where we function with people who don't waste too much time thinking about things, who are mostly just grateful that they can get by. While I am delving deep into these books I'm constantly hoping to bring something back with me. Not something that is complex only to make me look smart. (That kind of bluff gets caught sooner than later). Not necessarily a lesson even but just a simple memento that would make us a little bit happier, a little more at peace and thus make life a little bit easier. After all, what's the point of knowledge if you cannot put out something good in the world?
But that is only possible if you believe me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment