Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Man With the Horns

I was Florence last night. I remember it very well from my dream because I had her hair, and the same luminous face-Snow White. Meryl Streep was to play the Evil Queen. Instead she was acting frisky with some dark man with horns on his head in a changing room near the beach somewhere. I had a feeling the man was Prince Charming, faceless as usual.
One of my friend's ex-boyfriend was also loitering about in the dream but I have no idea what he was doing there.
I was living in a tree house in one of the two rooms that were connected to each other by a rickety bridge. The wood in my room would creak even when I lightly paced in my violet nightgown. Outside my room there was a mirror and a black sink. I came out to oil my red hair.
Then I spotted the man who played the oompa loompas in Tim Burton's version of the book. I suppose he was to play one of the seven dwarfs, or all of them, or whatever. He looked up, I smiled at him. He nodded his head, looked away and then looked back at me like he recognized me. I knew I was in trouble then. In a couple of minutes he brought the man with the horns with him who tore down my tree house and took me away with him and that was the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment