Thursday, January 23, 2014

Never knew what Light was, Its meaning, I couldn't find. A plain simple color That guides my being, And people call me ‘Blind’ I wonder why they Look down upon ‘Black’, Why is it always maligned? A plain simple color That guides my being, And people call me ‘Blind’ Black embraces all with open arms, Nobody’s a winner and No one’s behind, A plain simple color That guides my being, And people call me ‘Blind’ What is there to see in the World of Colors? Where the spectrum of Thoughts, Remain un-aligned, A plain simple color That guides my being, And people call me ‘Blind’ ‘Darkness’ is what, you believe it to be, It resides in the nooks of your mind, A plain simple color That guides my being, And then You call me ‘Blind!'



My friend Sreejoni wrote this. She performed it along with her small speech on India's obsession with skin colour. She's one of the most wonderful people I have met in college and she has a voice to match her disposition.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you Mrinalini.
    Even though this 'world of words' is the most comfortable spot for us, my words fail in front of yours.
    thank you for making my words a part of your world.
    This itself speaks volumes about you.
    lots of love!

    ReplyDelete