Sunday, June 3, 2012

Perfectly Lonely



Had a little love, but I spread it thin

Falling in her arms and out again
Made a bad name for my game 'round town
Tore out my heart, shut it down

I've always consciously avoided listening to John Mayer. He just makes me incredibly sad. He speaks the blatant truth,  his smooth voice runs down the throat like brandy would on a cold winter night. It is bittersweet. Makes me very uncomfortable.

You know how going places is one too many people's dream. How most people would just collect all of their life savings, put their home in a backpack and get the fuck out. You call them crazy because they are. They leave behind everything they have. Friends and lovers. Both old and new. With only memories to live by. They would sometimes send picture postcards during festive seasons. I envy those people the most.

I wish to share a moment with strangers, then turn to another street and forget them completely, never having to know them. I wish I could be that detached.  I wish that a quiet life didn't drive me mad. But most of all I wish to be perfectly lonely someday, just like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment