Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mumbling #15

I got home from a weekend trip with my family a few days back. I've seen, those who drive the trailers and tempos on highways are madmen! It seems like they like living life on the edge. They change lanes without warning and swish past driving the living soul out of me. My father swooshes his own humble vehicle here and there as my brother cheers him on, my grandmother screams curses between her prayers while my mother nibbles on a piece of orange. I look around incredulously for a second, wondering if the madmen are outside the car or inside. Then put on my music and try to concentrate on the pretty fields of rye we cross. A young man inside the truck overtaking us grins, exposing his pan-stained teeth, like there is no greater pleasure. Chris Martin then whispers in my ear, trying to explain: Honey... It's been a long time coming, and I can't stop now. Such a long time running, and I can't stop now. I don't think I can understand, still.

2 comments:

  1. This post is making me think of things that are prescious to me. Chris Martin, Catcher in the Rye, home..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't think you understand, but that's for now. You will..in the future. Its all about faith.

    ReplyDelete