Thursday, November 3, 2011

BLIND

I'm a light bug. The faintest light I see, and I run towards it, losing control of all my senses. Not a moment must be wasted, not a glance back to see what I'm leaving behind. I don't even see what I'm heading for. I'm intoxicated.
I'm a light bug.


I don't remember the last time I felt truly happy. I don't remember the last time I felt gratitude. I've always been brushing past them, sometimes stepping on their foot. I stare at their shoes and smirk. I have nothing to say.


That little baby girl trodding in her pink frock is a walking flower. She looks up at me and grins a toothless grin, as if, in me, she can see all the goodness in the world.

4 comments:

  1. This is something I can relate to so much..
    Question. Do you like kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are so lucky, don't you think? Their emotions are complete, untainted. They find perfect happiness in little things.
    I love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids are annoyingly lucky, untainted and pure - they have their whole lives ahead of them. I am envious to be frank. There are times I have played with my niece for hours, only to end up in tears feeling like I'm scarring her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On a brighter note, my nephew, who is five, did this funny striptease for us (thank you, television!). We laughed for hours.
    I love them because they are blameless. I envy them for that too.

    ReplyDelete